This small, fun pack contains 3 Ableton Live Simpler instruments based on 18 samples of a car engine passing over a bridge in Inverness, Scotland. It also includes an effects rack with bit crushing granular distortion and a stereo widener. The instruments sound pretty weird, and could be made to sound spooky… hence ‘Ghost Rider’. (Plus it’s a tribute to the cool character in the Agents of Shield comics/TV show).
The samples are lo-fi, recorded under a bridge with a Zoom H2n, but have been manipulated and tuned to make playable instruments. All 3 instruments contain lots of random modulation, include the optional ability to play random samples, and also have the option of using frequency modulation. The effects rack takes an incoming signal and passes it through a bit crusher, stereo widener and limiter, and, in parallel, put it through some simple grain distortion. This creates a dirty, grainy distortion that doesn’t get so overwhelming that it loses the original signal, but still makes a nice mess.
- Ableton Live 10.1 or higher
- will work with Intro, Standard or Suite
- Format: .zip file containing 1 .alp (Ableton Live project)
- Total zipped size: 4.96 MB
- 1 .als (Ableton Live set) with 3 Instrument Presets and 1 Effect Rack preset
- Instruments contain 18 WAV samples @ 48kHz, 24-bit