All 20 instruments in this pack are made from samples of the Stylophone. These include the external noises, connection noises, glitch/electronic error noises, and the keyboard sounds as well. In addition there are 3 MIDI effects and 4 audio effects included in the pack.
The 20 instruments are:
- 1 drum kit (Stylophone Glitch Drums)
- 3 Noise/Percussion kits (Stylophone Glitch and Noise Sounds, Electric Glitch Crackle, Noise Stylophone)
- 5 glitch instruments (Super Glitch Echo, Stylophone Glitch Keys (with 3 different sounds), Stylophone Glitch Chooser (with 8 different sounds), Stylophone Bent Squeals, Crunchy Glitch Scream)
- 5 bass/lead instruments (Stylophone Radio Buzz Bass, Dirty Analog Chorus Stylophone, Epic Noise Stylophone, Filter Glitch, Glitch Guitar Stylophone)
- 3 keyboard/pad-like instruments (Warbly Analog Pad, Tuning Drift Stylophone E Piano, Stylophone Crystal Baschet)
- 2 Theremin-like instruments (Factory Theremin, Stylophone Theremin)
Plus 7 effects:
- 3 random MIDI effects: Random Note Generator, Double Random Arp, Rack of Randomness
- 4 audio effects: Cristal Baschet FX, Padify, Phase Pitch Factory, Super Delay Echo
These instruments have been left raw so that they can be put through further effects. Combining them with the effects found in the Stylophone FX pack will give far greater creative possibilities, as the effects are designed specifically for the Stylophone Extended and Extras instruments.
The Theremin needs to played like a Theremin in order to get that kind of sound; it is designed to be played by moving between two notes, with one held down, making the ‘glide’ feature re-create a Theremin-like sound. Experiment with your MIDI controller to get different effects, or just play it like a lo-fi keyboard! The Stylophone Theremin sounds better with delay and reverb added, as with the Factory Theremin.
All packs on Kaboodle Sound contain a ‘Previews’ folder within the .als file – so that you can preview the instruments as you can with core Ableton packs. (You just need to click on the clip in the folder). In addition, there is a ‘Clips’ and ‘Presets’ folder, so you don’t have to open the set to load the instruments and effects.
- Ableton Live 10.1 or higher
- Suite is needed for 9 instruments, or Standard with Amp, Cabinet, Corpus, Echo and Pedal installed.
- Standard is needed for 5 instruments.
- Format: .zip file containing 1 .alp (Ableton Live project)
- Total zipped size: 190 MB
- Total installed size: 262 MB
- 1 .als (Ableton Live set) with 20 Instruments, 3 MIDI effects, 4 audio effects presets, and 20 preview clips
- The instruments contain a total of 357 WAV samples @ 48kHz, 32-bit